1 What is the matter with you? (asking someone whether he or she has any problem)
What is
the matter with you?
I am
not feeling well
2 I will tell you what. (giving your advice to someone)
I will tell you what. You go and
ask him. He will help you
3 You know what. (Giving a new fact to someone)
You know what. They are going to
get married soon
4 Don't hurt my feelings. (Don't make me bad or sad)
Leave her alone. Don't hurt her
feelings
5 You have got to be kidding. (you are joking)
You look
so young
You have
got to be kidding. Now I am 30 years old
6 Let's call it a day. (Let's finish it)
Now I am
too tired. Let's call it a day
7 Don't get on my nerves. (Don't make me angry)
8 Stay in touch. (Have a connection continuously)
Please
stay in touch with me. I will give my contact information
9 Have the guts. (Have the courage)
I
don't have the guts to talk to her
10 It slipped my mind. (I forgot it completely)
Did you
invite him? Oh. It slipped my mind
11 It is on the tip of my tongue.(I feel that I know)
His name
is on the tip of my tongue
12 Out of the question. (impossible)
Buying a
new car is out of the question for me now
13 It is a piece of cake. (It is very easy)
Can you
ride a bike?
Sure. I
can. it is a piece of cake
14 Sooner or later. (Sometime or other)
Sooner or
later you will understand me
15 You can say that again. (I agree with you
completely )
It seems
it is going to rain today evening too.
You can
say that again. It is getting dark
16 I am broke. (I have no money)
I can’t
buy that shirt. I am flat broke
17 Big deal. (Not a difficult thing)
Passing
your exam is not a big deal.
18 Get to the point. (Stay with the topic)
Let’s get
to the point. You are making no sense.
19 Mind your own business. (Do your work )
You have
nothing to do with this. Mind your own business
20 Hurry up. (Do quickly)
Hurry
up. The train is about to leave

No comments:
Post a Comment